First time in continental Europe: Workshop Ai Chi by Jun Konno
Saturday, May 8th, 2004
Rehabilitation Clinic Valens (Bad Ragaz), Switzerland
Ai Chi, a combination of T’ai Chi, Shiatsu and Watsu, is an excellent continuation of the Halliwick balance activities. In general it is done in groups, using music to enhance relaxation in combination with breath control and balance. It is another way to work with groups of patients, which is recognized not only in Japan but also in e.g. the USA and Brazil. For the first time in continental Europe, Mr. Konno will teach an Ai Chi workshop.
This workshop will provide in-depth instruction in the use of Ai-Chi techniques in a clinical setting for orthopedic, neurological and rheumatic impairments. The emphasis will be on extensive instruction and practice time in the pool.
At the completion of this module participants will be able to:
- Understand the physiological immersion effects on relaxation and their therapeutic applications
- Ai Chi techniques in a clinical setting for patients with orthopedic, neurological and/or rheumatic impairments
- Follow the simple Ai Chi progression, the Wall Ai Chi, Ai Chi Ne and be introduced to the concepts of moving with nature.
- Experience the trunk stability movements with guidelines on proper pelvic mechanics during Ai Chi
Jun Konno Creator of Ai Chi, is one of Japan's a foremost swimming coaches and fitness consultants and the President of Aqua Dynamics Institute (Japanese chapter of AEA/ATRI). Since 1986, he has worked to promote aquatics in Japan and is Chairman of the Executive Committee for Japan's National Aquatic Conference and Japan Aquatic Therapy Symposium.
09.00 – 10.00 Theory
10.00 – 10.30 Break
10.30 – 12.30 Demonstration by Jun Konno
Basic Ai Chi
12.30 – 13.30 Break
13.30 – 14.30 Ai Chi Ne
14.30 – 15.00 Demonstration with patients
15.00 – 15.30 Break
15.30 – 17.30 Wall Ai Chi and Slow Expression
Tuition: CHF 230
Information and subscription:
Postgraduate Study Centre Valens, Rehabilitation Clinic, CH-7317 Valens, affiliated to the Bad Ragaz Medical Centre. Information: Mrs. Gabriela Dürig.
Telephone: +41 81 303 1408
Fax: +41 81 303 1410
(also for information about the Aquatic Therapy Course Package, April 27 – May 7, 2004.)
- The workshop will be given in English with additional translation in German
- Participants shall receive a certification as Ai Chi instructor
- A lunch and beverages are included